Happy Friday!! It’s the best day of the week and I couldn’t be more excited for the weekend. I planted my first “patio garden” this year and I’m extremely pleased with the number of tomatoes I’ve gathered! My Easy Avo-mato Salad is only 4 ingredients and features my new favorite kitchen edition: Jacobsen Salt Co. Salt and Pepper Grinders! Now, I saw these on the shelf at my local specialty grocer and had to do a double take, PINK salt?! It clearly doesn’t take much to make me happy, so of course I purchased a set and was obsessed the moment I started cooking with these. You may be thinking “Okay girlfriend, salt is salt, imma get what’s on sale”. I’m telling you now, you can seriously taste the difference when cooking with these. They add so much flavor to any dish, and the packaging is a kitchen conversation starter!
Back to the Avo-mato salad. As simple as it looks, this salad is absolutely delicious! This easy to make dish has a flavor trifecta with buttery goodness of ripe avocado, the crisp, sweet flavor of grape tomatoes, and of course a whole LOT of savory cheese. Enjoy!
- 1/2 ripe Avocado
- 5 fresh grape tomatoes
- 1 slice, (or 1/4 shredded) of your favorite cheese
- 2 tsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 turns of fresh ground Jacobsen Salt Co. Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 turns of fresh ground Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Peppercorns
- Slice your ripe avocado and scoop out 1/2 of the meaty portion. Slice into thin wedges and place on a small plate. Place the other half of the avocado into a zip close baggy, place in the fridge for tomorrow’s lunch.
- Cut 5 grape tomatoes in half and add to your avocado plate.
- Crumble up one slice of cheese, (white cheddar is my personal fav!) or sprinkle the shredded cheese right onto your small plate of veggies.
- Drizzle EVOO over your Avo-mato salad and top with your new favorite Jacobsen Salt Co. salt and pepper to taste.